CHWK Network(Portal) Powered by: Abyss WebServer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeyboi
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:26 am    Post subject: CHWK Network(Portal) Powered by: Abyss WebServer Reply with quote

Hey there,

I have been using the Abyss WebServer for a very long time. I have put it through many test(s) including phpScripts and aspScripts, cgiScripts, msqlServer stuff, etc. You get the point.

This is one of the very best (small)personal based webServer that I have ever come across. I have tried lots. I have proof that you can run a stable(high-traffic) website without any problems.

You can visit my (main)Website at: http://www.chwk.net and continue on to the portal. My website(portal) is Postnuke and MD-Pro CMS based. Everything on there is php/msql and I have well over 400+ users and counting.

I have read many articles about Apache and IIS(whatever version) and have tried them both. Yes they are good if you know what you are doing. But for a (normal everyday kinda guy) install Abyss WebServer is a breeze. You can be up and going in no time flat. Even though Abyss may be advertised as a personal webserver, it is (in my opinion) stable enough for a high-traffic website.

I would like to thank the Abyss Developement Team, or corse without you guys this Server wouldn't be possible for me to use. If you guys ever come out with a professional version(pro), I would probably purchase it as it would be a great investment. Great work guys ..

---
Mike

PS- SubDomain support would be totally awesome if you guy ever get around to that. I know it might not be a possibility, but hey can't blame me for asking :)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would like to add such a domain
for each website , try ::Virtual Host Creator::

http://www.multiple-sites.tk

or

http://vhosting.cjb.net
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't mind me asking; how did you get all these users?
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: CHWK Network(Portal) Powered by: Abyss WebServer Reply with quote

mikeyboi,

Thanks for the testimonial :D
mikeyboi
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: User(s): Reply with quote

iNaNimAtE wrote:
If you don't mind me asking; how did you get all these users?

Hey there,

Regarding obtaining users. Well I develope modules/blocks for Postnuke and MD-Pro content management systems. So people log on there all the time to either download my modules/block addons (whatever). or to get information regarding php/other content management stuff.

I hope that answers your question .. :D
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mikeyboi
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: CHWK Network(Portal) Powered by: Abyss WebServer Reply with quote

aprelium wrote:
mikeyboi,

Thanks for the testimonial :D

You are very welcomed... again I say keep up the great work ... 8)
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see. I'll have to look into the "development" idea.

Nice website.
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. keep it up
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Powered by Abyss All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: