did you know?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eugenep
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:45 am    Post subject: did you know? Reply with quote

Did you know that you can load abyssws.exe into an html editor and hack the internal error pages? I got curious and tried it and for some odd reason it has worked for me, I used archnophilia version 4.0 to do this for the most part I have been able to change the way the console looks error pages like forbidden 403 to Dummy 403 and etc... you can even change the hyperlink and remove the © aprelium technologies on the bottom of all directory lisings if you enable them.. Im not sure if you guys were meaning for your executible to be changed in an html editor..maybe something you should look into? I think you might want to..lol by the way when do you guys think you will make a version that lets you design your own error pages and such without having to tear apart the executible like this.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
eugenep
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:49 am    Post subject: nevermind Reply with quote

I see you have incorporated a custom error page feature in the newest release...my bad..but did ya know about the version before the last being able to get hacked that way?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
DumbNewb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 5:56 am    Post subject: loL Reply with quote

I am sure they did... They made it afterall didn't they???
dude

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 7:34 am    Post subject: , Reply with quote

you dont have to be like that 'dumbnewb' Im sure they dont know of every html editor out there and the capabilities they hold as far as editing exe files....sheeeeesh such rudeness
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: , Reply with quote

dude wrote:
you dont have to be like that 'dumbnewb' Im sure they dont know of every html editor out there and the capabilities they hold as far as editing exe files....sheeeeesh such rudeness

Yes, we knew. We wrote Abyss Web Server so we know exactly how it is and how it is made (no need to any sophisticated HTML editor, just a binary editor can do the job)
But we don't really understand the reasons for such a "hack" as you still haven't enough possibilities to customize your error pages. Erasing our company name is the only thing you can do.
Version X1 gives you more control over these so use it instead of hacking the .exe (which is by the way not recommended as it could damage some executable code)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: