where should htdocs be?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
degarb
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: where should htdocs be? Reply with quote

In what linux directory should my htdoc be?

I unpacked to usr/local/bin But the docs go where?

I don't understand command lines, so did things manually. Since pecking out commands never work anyway, if you don't know what you are doing.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
degarb
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, I am a windows user, who is trying to use linux. I tried apache, nothing worked. I tried poorly written directions (nothing but voodoo calls from commandline) for abyss with no success. I figured out that all linux port are blocked under 1024. Sudo starting works and she serves webpages, if you edit xml and fix port. However autostarting doesn't work.

Auto starting only works when you move the abyss to usr/local/bin Now, however, the server cannot find the index.html. Where do I put the htdoc directory?

In windows, even abyss works out of the box, as does homewebserver, xitami, and a few others. While, linux tries to guard her secrets with undesired and unnecessary complexity. Grow up and just help expand your base, our patience is thin because we have jobs and 50 other things to worry about besides voodoo commands on a commandline.
degarb
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, I am a windows user, who is trying to use linux. I tried apache, nothing worked. I tried poorly written directions (nothing but voodoo calls from commandline) for abyss with no success. I figured out that all linux port are blocked under 1024. Sudo starting works and she serves webpages, if you edit xml and fix port. However autostarting doesn't work.

Auto starting only works when you move the abyss to usr/local/bin Now, however, the server cannot find the index.html. Where do I put the htdoc directory?

In windows, even abyss works out of the box, as does homewebserver, xitami, and a few others. While, linux tries to guard her secrets with undesired and unnecessary complexity. Grow up and just help expand your base, our patience is thin because we have jobs and 50 other things to worry about besides voodoo commands on a commandline.

29+ views and no one seems to even know the htdoc location? Come on.
degarb
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I log into 192.0.0.10:9999 I point to /home/abyssws/htdoc with entire site that works in windows, I stop and start server, I get Error 404 when I try to reach the index.html
degarb
-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried adding 10.10.10.1-255.255.255.1 to ip allow. I am running on port 80. Used autostart routine, asume is running sudo mode since linux shuts all ports down under 1024. Mint debian.
roganty
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

degarb wrote:
In what linux directory should my htdoc be?

I unpacked to usr/local/bin But the docs go where?

I don't understand command lines, so did things manually. Since pecking out commands never work anyway, if you don't know what you are doing.

The usual place to install Abyss would be in your home directory,
which would put the htdocs folder at /home/name/abyss/htdocs

Try the following post, it tells you the basic steps to install abyss and get it to run on a port <1024, it also links to other posts which I find are helpful
http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=58847&highlight=#58847

Roganty
| Links-Links.co.uk
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: