Not running , but Downloading ?!?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrakenDK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 9:56 am    Post subject: Not running , but Downloading ?!? Reply with quote

Nice server but... help when i try to run a Perl CGI , i start to download the CGI insted for runnig it :( anyone know why ?? ( I'm new at this server stuff , and yes i have downloaded the PHP and Perl "addons" and installed them)

and btw , how do i see (know hehe newbie after all..) the path too Perl >
#!usr/bin/perl ??

-DrakenDK
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 3:05 pm    Post subject: Not running , but Downloading ?!? Reply with quote

DrakenDK wrote:

Nice server but... help when i try to run a Perl CGI , i start to download the CGI insted for runnig it :( anyone know why ?? ( I'm new at this server stuff , and yes i have downloaded the PHP and Perl "addons" and installed them)

Please follow the instructions in "Adding Perl Support" in Abyss Web Server main page. Scripts are donwloaded because you haven't set correctly the CGI paths. To make things easy, we recommend adding / as a CGI Path and declaring your Perl interpretr in the CGI interpreters table. But more information are available in http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/perl.html .

DrakenDK wrote:

and btw , how do i see (know hehe newbie after all..) the path too Perl >
#!usr/bin/perl ??

-DrakenDK

If you are on Windows, search perl.exe. On Linux, execute which perl .
But in Abyss Web Server, you can run your Perl scripts without using the #!<interpreter path> form.
DrakenDK
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 11:28 pm    Post subject: hmm but i'did... Reply with quote

Well i have followed the "How To..." Guide, coudt it be becourse Perl is on anohter Harddriv ? The Server is on C:\ and Perl Is on E:\
(Windows XP Pro) and i have put a / (slash) and only a / in the path in server.

Well i'll just keepon trying , that's the only way to learn , Right ;-)

-Jon
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 2:28 pm    Post subject: hmm but i'did... Reply with quote

DrakenDK wrote:

Well i have followed the "How To..." Guide, coudt it be becourse Perl is on anohter Harddriv ? The Server is on C:\ and Perl Is on E:\
(Windows XP Pro) and i have put a / (slash) and only a / in the path in server.

You should enter your entire path to Perl when declaring it in the CGI Interpreters table. For example, you should enter something like E:\Program Files\bin\perl.exe in order to have it run correctly.
DrakenDK
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have > E:\Perl\bin\perl.exe idon't know why but it woun't work at all...
shoudt i try too Re-install Perl ?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
DrakenDK
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It did :) Perl is now Running just fine :)

-sorry to bohter you whit this stuff :)

-DrakenDK
HolyNorth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 4:05 am    Post subject: Draken i got my prob fixed same as urs Reply with quote

go to ur console hit server configuration advanced cgi parameters then put Resolve interpreter using the Windows Registry No .... then ur prob is fixed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: