Configuring Web Server to Work With 2WIRE Portal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evil_Karma
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Configuring Web Server to Work With 2WIRE Portal Reply with quote

I'm currently using SBC Yahoo DSL and instead of getting a Linksys Routher we got what SBC calls a 2WIRE Portal, which to my understanding is a router. Anyways, from what I've read on other posts I need to configure my router to run on the same port as my web server, but I have no idea how to configure my 2WIRE routers, so any help would be appreciated.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.2wire.com/support/drivers/ has documentation for all the home models they make. Which do you have ?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Evil_Karma
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I currently have the HomePortal 1000HW.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guide to configuring the firewall on these is here - http://www.2wire.com/flash/firewall.swf - because it's a flash file I can't link directly to the right page... Load that up and go to the section called Firewall Settings, it has screenshots and an explanation of how to set up a forwarded port to your PC.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Evil_Karma
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Hey Anonymoose, thanks for all your help. I now have everything running like it should be. I know everyone says Apache is the best web server, but this is so much easier to configure, set up and run, and plus the support from other users is great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: