my domain

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amt167
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: my domain Reply with quote

ok i have my own domain name spacefree.co.uk so how do iget this to point to my pc i bassiclly know this BUT i used zoneedit and lost my user and pass some time ago so i reregistered and now it wont let me manage my dns etc says i dont have permission and says to contact the admin i presume that is me the other prob i have is that i use dial up but this is on 24/7(almost) ive registered with no ip but i am using one of their names [url]andybetter.serveftp.com when i would like to use my own spacefree
can any one help me [/url]
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
epsilon7
-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: ZoneEdit Reply with quote

Ok, ZoneEdit, being a company that provides a DNS service, will run weather you log on or not, so if you loose your name and pass, the service still goes on.
While the service is running it is always forwarding over your information to the servers you set up.
To keep this from happening, you need to contact the admin, (or customer service) at ZoneEdit, and ask them to delete the account you don't want... (or delete it yourself) and ask them how to get your username/password back to edit that zone again.
If you don't delete the first try at EditZone, it will always be forwarding over, if you try to run your own DNS, or DNS through someone else, it may come up with an error, and not allow people to view your site.
-Steve.
**Apon the explaination of crusifixtion, Jesus Christ was heard asking the question: Your gonna put those... What... In my Where???
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
demonhunter
-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can deal with domains contact me if u want domain registration for $5
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: