Server off comp. is very slow

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kip2001
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 9:07 pm    Post subject: Server off comp. is very slow Reply with quote

I have a cable service, and yet my server off my comp. is still running very slow (it's not just today, it's everyday) Does anyone know what I can do to get it to faster? :wink:
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is not really much you can do.
The problem is can only be one of three things
A) your cable provider has too many people in your area online making it slow. And uploading to the internet is much slower than downloading and it also depends on the persons connection on the other side if you have tested that.
B) your computer has too many tasks running or something along these lines but I highly doubt this is your problem.
C) you are behind a firewall thus slowing the time it takes for the world to access your server. This also could go along with "A" making it ever so slower.

All I can really say is if you are using AT&T cable I get the same problems even after using Diskeeper 7.0 to defrag my comp every day at 4:00 AM automaticly and using PC-Cillin to do autoscans everyday.

Hope this provides some answer to your question.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: