Oekaki Poteto install difficulties

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilliashrew
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Oekaki Poteto install difficulties Reply with quote

Hello! I have mySQL, php and such working properly. I installed phBB with no difficulties, but Oekaki Poteto (a sort of message-board drawing thing) fails to install properly. I can upload the manual for viewing if necessary for refference.

The basic trouble is, something somewhere is wrong, likely in php. I set the reda-write permissions to the files as stated in the manual, but the install file still hates me. I get the following errors at the top of the page;

Notice: Undefined variable: mode in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\oekaki\install.php on line 25

Notice: Undefined variable: Submit in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\oekaki\install.php on line 49

I can provide anything necessary to solve this problem. The oekaki itself has been installed successfully by many people, but I can't get it installed at all. Help o_x;.

I run windows 98, php, mysql, myphpadmin, and, well, Abyss. Thank you o_o;.

(if this shou;d've gone in PHP, I'm sorry...)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
jtc970
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you havent tried turning

register_globals = On

in your php.ini file (prob in c:\windows\) try doing that. just remove the ; from the start of hte line
Cecilliashrew
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was one of the first things I tried...

http://www.suteki.nu/community/viewthread.php?tid=952

This details all the things I've tried already. Quite irritating the script is, but, I do wish it would work o_o;...

Oh! And it doesn't appear to be a problem with the oekaki itself, as someone who had it working let me borrow her folder of it, and that wouldn't work either. It's something in php that likely hates me.
jtc970
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some scripts will display errors (depending on how you have your error reporting levels set in PHP.ini) without it being a critical problem (ie an empty string).
I did a search on the support site and others with the same problem were told that their error reporting was too high.
so that may not be the source of your install problem. :?
Cecilliashrew
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poet on the other site said that, too, so I tried it in php.ini itself, then in the install.php itself as a little fix. The messages went away, but it still can't submit. The two line in particular it hates are these;

if($Submit == "Submit"){

and

if($mode == "del"){

they have complete scripts in context with them, but for some reason it seems not to understand it...
jtc970
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your database name get changed by the script? in the picture it shows it as the html of the error?!?!
im hoping you noticed that and tried fixing it
Cecilliashrew
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know o_o; I wipe those out and fill out the form properly, and once I press submit... it just reloads the page the same as it was when I started. Quite irritating...
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Oekaki Poteto install difficulties Reply with quote

Cecilliashrew,

It seems that your PHP is configured to display notices. Open PHP.ini and locate the line starting with error_reporting and change it to:

Code:
error_reporting  = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: