Can I publish a password protected map on my webserver?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 11:14 am    Post subject: Can I publish a password protected map on my webserver? Reply with quote

Hello,

I am testing withe the 1.1 beta 3 and try to publish a map (without index.htm) so you should see the files in the map, right ?

I want to use the password protection method of the console login (port 9999), so I changed it to 80 (and not use the standard port 80, wich has no password protection). After I entered the right password, I want to show the files in the map (without using home.chl), but I just can not get it right. does anyone have an idea how I can work this out ?

thanx, Frank
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Can I publish a password protected map on my webserver? Reply with quote

Frank wrote:
Hello,

I am testing withe the 1.1 beta 3 and try to publish a map (without index.htm) so you should see the files in the map, right ?

I want to use the password protection method of the console login (port 9999), so I changed it to 80 (and not use the standard port 80, wich has no password protection). After I entered the right password, I want to show the files in the map (without using home.chl), but I just can not get it right. does anyone have an idea how I can work this out ?

thanx, Frank

You don't need to do that (which is by the way not recommended and dangerous. *.chl files must not be changed). In version 1.1, use the 'Users and Groups' to declare a user and its password and then use 'Access control' to restrict the access to a certain path to this user.
Frank

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 2:42 pm    Post subject: Password Access Reply with quote

:lol:

Thanx for the quick reply, I realized it was conciddered dangerous, but the manual didn't get me any answers, so I stripped down the server and tried to confgure it maually. I guess I made it harder on myself than nessecary.
I 'll get to it right away.

Frank
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: Password Access Reply with quote

Frank wrote:
:lol:

Thanx for the quick reply, I realized it was conciddered dangerous, but the manual didn't get me any answers, so I stripped down the server and tried to confgure it maually. I guess I made it harder on myself than nessecary.
I 'll get to it right away.

Frank

The information is already in the manual. We even give example about how to restrict access to certain paths.
The most important is that you know now how to do. :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: