webfarm

View previous topic :: View next topic  
waleedk
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:13 am    Post subject: webfarm Reply with quote

hi, can someone help with this one plz...

does abyss web support webfarm and do they support sharing session information? i wish they can support autility like Nchace... http://www.alachisoft.com/ncache/index.html

thanks
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: webfarm Reply with quote

waleedk wrote:
hi, can someone help with this one plz...

does abyss web support webfarm and do they support sharing session information? i wish they can support autility like Nchace... http://www.alachisoft.com/ncache/index.html

thanks

Scripts or Web applications are responsible of managing session sharing. It isn't strictly related to the Web server itself.

Many applications will use a database for their sessions and have all instances of the application (each running on a different computer) update and get information about sessions from that shared database.

Ncache for example falls in that category and seems to be supported by ASP.NET. Since ASP.NET is also supported by Abyss Web Server, you can safely use it on our server.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
waleedk
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: webfarm Reply with quote

Obviously, you have not read enough about session sharing. ncache works with iis not with asp.net ... its transparent to the scripting language u r using,,,,

i'm looking for a deeper answer from your side ... my application is working for 220,000 users and i can keep all these users running out of a single server and i'm not going to rewrite my application to save and retrieve session from the database.... this is slow.

i need a transparent solution ... something like ncache .... maybe you guys can talk to them to support your server.... or you come up with a solution of similar functionality if you want your server to work for the enterprise.

thanks
waleedk
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DonQuichote
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just looking at the site, it seems to work with ASP.NET rather than IIS. And that makes perfectly sense. Web servers themselves don't cache. They just serve files or run scripts. Clients do cache. Scripts do cache. The persistence layer could cache.

But why on earth should a web server cache a file? Reading a file is no trouble at all compared to serving it. And caching the output of a script is a bit strange, as the server does not know beforehand if it changes. The script itself, however, can decide to be cached by sending the appropriate HTTP header to the client. In which case the client does the caching.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: webfarm Reply with quote

waleedk,

As far as we've read on Ncache's site, all details mention ASP.NET and nothing seems specific to IIS.

Their product is actually a session provider for ASP.NET and should work with any server supporting the ASP.NET framework whether it is IIS or Abyss Web Server. The dependency is on ASP.NET and not on IIS.

Could you send us the URL of the page on their site where they mention the necessity of IIS? This may help us better understand the issue and work on a solution.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: