dial up modem and abyss

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amt167
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: dial up modem and abyss Reply with quote

hi ppl

heres my prob almost 2 years ago i bought a domain name (spacefree.co.uk) i went through all the process of setting up abyss at that time and eventually got it to run correctly then my pc was stolen so i lost everything i decided i would have another go at it recently so here i am again how do i get spacefree.co.uk to point to my pc so ppl can get to my website ive tried to type in my ip address but at the mo im using a dial up account so my ip would probably change every time i log on. do i need to use zone edit or something like this to get my ip to point to spacefree your help would be much appreciated
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
whackaxe
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

using a dial up account for a webserver isnt a very good idea in the first place. it will be VERY slow to load up. im a big noob when it comes to networking, but couldnt yu get a www.no-ip.com or www.dyndns.com account and get your domain to forward to that? your dialup bill will probably cost you the same amount as proper hosting by the way :p
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
amt167
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: dial up modem and abyss Reply with quote

my dial up is free so it dont matter about the cost but im getting broadband soon

have got an account at no ip and got it pointing to my server at http://andybetter.serveftp.com my problem is i already OWn my own domain name which i want to point to this server
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Moxxnixx
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want www.no-ip.com to do it, you'll have to sign up for no-ip plus. $25/yr
www.dyndns.com is no longer accepting new accounts, but you can try:
http://www.dyndns.org/services/

You should try contacting spacefree to see if they have a solution.
NameCheap.com, where I got my domain, has free Dynamic DNS services.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: