CGI question/enhancement request

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pepijn Smits

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 10:57 am    Post subject: CGI question/enhancement request Reply with quote

Hello,

I just downlaoded this great WebServer, really looks like it is the one need for the project i'm currently working on,

However, I had a great dissapointment when everything was set-up: CGI scripts will not accept a DOS executable which is REALLY what I need here.

The reason is that large parts of legacy (Clipper) code is needed, it is being ported to CGI aware, but will remain Clipper which can generate real mode DOS .EXE's or protected mode versions, but still DOS.

Would it be possible to do this? and if no? Can this be added? Shouldn't be too much of a problem in the spawning proces?

Thanks in advance for a reply.

Kind regards,
Pepijn Smits, Netherlands.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: CGI question/enhancement request Reply with quote

Pepijn Smits wrote:
Hello,

I just downlaoded this great WebServer, really looks like it is the one need for the project i'm currently working on,

However, I had a great dissapointment when everything was set-up: CGI scripts will not accept a DOS executable which is REALLY what I need here.

The reason is that large parts of legacy (Clipper) code is needed, it is being ported to CGI aware, but will remain Clipper which can generate real mode DOS .EXE's or protected mode versions, but still DOS.

Would it be possible to do this? and if no? Can this be added? Shouldn't be too much of a problem in the spawning proces?

Kind regards,

The DOS Executables support was disabled by us after we experienced a lot of unstabilities when spawning DOS Executable under Windows 95/98/ME (this seems to be a bug with these systems).
With your request, we are now thinking of provding the user an option to enable that support (but the user must do that at hos own and full responsibility :D ). This option will be available in a future revision.
Please contact beta@aprelium.com so we can send you a test version with that feature when it will be available for tests.

Thank you

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: CGI question/enhancement request Reply with quote

aprelium wrote:
Pepijn Smits wrote:
Hello,

Kind regards,

The DOS Executables support was disabled by us after we experienced a lot of unstabilities when spawning DOS Executable under Windows 95/98/ME (this seems to be a bug with these systems).
With your request, we are now thinking of provding the user an option to enable that support (but the user must do that at hos own and full responsibility :D ). This option will be available in a future revision.
Please contact beta@aprelium.com so we can send you a test version with that feature when it will be available for tests.

Thank you

I would really apreciate that and will contact you via Mail for a test.
Kind regards,
Pepijn Smits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> FastCGI/CGI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: