FrontPage Extensions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
plane1286
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 1:28 am    Post subject: FrontPage Extensions Reply with quote

Will Abyss in the future support Front Page Extensions? Also, do you know of another ASP Program that will work with Abyss, and can run on Windows 98? Because I know about ActiveHTML, only supports 2000 and XP.
Thanks for the help.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: FrontPage Extensions Reply with quote

plane1286 wrote:
Will Abyss in the future support Front Page Extensions? Also, do you know of another ASP Program that will work with Abyss, and can run on Windows 98? Because I know about ActiveHTML, only supports 2000 and XP.
Thanks for the help.

Front Page support isn't on our to do list now. But we will study the possibility of doing so in the future.
ASP support on Windows 98 is hard and we don't know a product other than ActiveHTML (which unfortunately, as you said, is only for NT/2000/XP).
Our advice, especially if you are going to write or learn scripting is to switch to another language. We recommend PHP. It is even easier to learn that ASP, is powerful and best of all works on Windows 98.
plane1286
-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 4:03 am    Post subject: RE: Reply with quote

The main idea why I want to use ASP, is I want to show an Access database of stats. I don't know of any other way to show without using ASP. If anyone has a suggestions I would like to know if anyone has done this without ASP. Thanks in Advance
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Reply with quote

plane1286 wrote:
The main idea why I want to use ASP, is I want to show an Access database of stats. I don't know of any other way to show without using ASP. If anyone has a suggestions I would like to know if anyone has done this without ASP. Thanks in Advance

PHP can access Access Databases using ODBC. Just read the documentation of PHP and you will find many examples of how to do so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: