SSI - Shtml Documents

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 4:01 pm    Post subject: SSI - Shtml Documents Reply with quote

How do you get them to work? What exacd you do? On my abyssws server my index file ends in .shtml and yet when i access it from the web the following things happen

1) index.shtml isnt the primary index page, instead i get "Index of /" (this i can deal with)
2) When i click the shtml file the browser wants to download it instead of view it

how can be corrected?

Thanks,
Zed
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: SSI - Shtml Documents Reply with quote

Zed wrote:
How do you get them to work? What exacd you do? On my abyssws server my index file ends in .shtml and yet when i access it from the web the following things happen

1) index.shtml isnt the primary index page, instead i get "Index of /" (this i can deal with)
2) When i click the shtml file the browser wants to download it instead of view it

how can be corrected?

Thanks,
Zed

You should use version 1.0.7 TP which supports SSI (http://www.aprelium.com/news/abws107tp.html) . You may need to add index.shtml as an index file.
That's all you'll have to do.
Zed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I realize that now, when i first came here the 1.07 downloads were down so i had no access to them, i thought 1.03 could support it as well. After i got 1.07 everything worked fine
smok3
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just love this friendly server, is there a plan to implement extened ssi calls as well? (like <!--#if expr="${DOCUMENT_URI} = /some.htm/" --> print something <!--#endif -->)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smok3 wrote:
i just love this friendly server, is there a plan to implement extened ssi calls as well? (like <!--#if expr="${DOCUMENT_URI} = /some.htm/" --> print something <!--#endif -->)

Extended SSI directives will be available in the future. As soon as version 1.1 will be launched, we'll be starting working on them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:08 pm    Post subject: Installation Error (Technology Preview has Expired) Reply with quote

I've been wanting SSI support and have followed the advice provided here to install 1.07, but when asked to launch the web server, I answer "Yes" only to have "The Abyss Web Server Technology Preview has expired."

Hmm... Am I missing something here??
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Installation Error (Technology Preview has Expired) Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I've been wanting SSI support and have followed the advice provided here to install 1.07, but when asked to launch the web server, I answer "Yes" only to have "The Abyss Web Server Technology Preview has expired."

Hmm... Am I missing something here??

The message is self explanatory. You were using a test version and it has expired (its testing period is over). So please go our home page and download a newer one (now we are currently testing version 1.1).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: