location of web site with asp.net >> DEPLOYEMENT OF AS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ksrao
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: location of web site with asp.net >> DEPLOYEMENT OF AS Reply with quote

Hi,

Once an ASP.NET application is deployed and tested the page logic and other content must be deployed to the production web server. ASP.NET provides a simple easy deployment process called "xcopy deployment" This means deploying an application is a simple matter pf copying the application files, including page scripts(.aspx), controls (.ascx) ,web services(.asmx), style sheets(.css) ,xml files , binaries and custom DLLs are assemblies- in to the deployment directory.

ASP.NET automatically detects these new files and deploys the application.
In your case copy the entire web site directory in to ASP.NET Directory.

I suggest you as you are a beginner go through http://www.wiziq.com/tutorial/434-Building-ASP-NET-Applications
[/code]
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I accidently moved this to the Spam Bin. Please feel free to attach it to the original post again. I apologize for this inconvenience.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chromebuster
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks for the link. I wonder if that's why no instructions are making sense to me. I think that once I understand ASP.net more, then maybe I'll be able to understand how to deploy apps on different servers.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Toasty
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people knew how to spell when they advertise, maybe accidental moving (like this) wouldn't happen.

I can't wait until browsers spell check input boxes too.
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But just a question. You folks around here who manage to get ASP.net applications working, did you have to learn ASP.net through IIS first and then try to deploy them to Abyss? Is that what I'm missing?

If you could let me know, that's be great.

Thanks
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
abraham
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: asp.net page not displaying Reply with quote

after configuring the abyss web server with aspnet parameters calling the web application with "http://localhost:8000/HOWARD/default.aspx", I got the following message

"An internal error occurred. Its dump has been sent to your FastCGI log file."

I don't know what this means and what do i do, Please help.

Thanks all
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
chromebuster
-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest you email support and then attach your configuration file so that they can figure out what is happening. And also, remember to start your own topic when you have an issue.

Thanks,
Chromebuster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> ASP.NET All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: