phpmyadmin is driving me mad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
archangel
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:09 pm    Post subject: phpmyadmin is driving me mad Reply with quote

i'm trying to set up a forum for my web site... i have followed a few tutorials and got nowhere

the problem i have now is i have install phpmyadmin and when i goto http://localhost/phpmyadmin i get the correct page with privelages(sorry if spelt wrong) and databases all that stuff but when i click anything it just goes to an action cancelled page?? what am i doing wrong... i have mysqladmin 1.4 running. pls tell me whats wrong...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
archangel
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also tryed installing phpbb which looked easyier its all installed and i can log on as admin but when i try to goto administration panel it just brings up the same page i was already on!

pls pls pls help!
aki
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i am in same sistuation here :(
http://localhost/phpMyAdmin and i came to the -->
------------------------
Security Alert! The PHP CGI cannot be accessed directly.
This PHP CGI binary was compiled with force-cgi-redirect enabled. This means that a page will only be served up if the REDIRECT_STATUS CGI variable is set, e.g. via an Apache Action directive.

For more information as to why this behaviour exists, see the manual page for CGI security.

For more information about changing this behaviour or re-enabling this webserver, consult the installation file that came with this distribution, or visit the manual page.
------------------------

man i am tired of this crap :lol: :lol:
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you guy's tried my Tutorials , their very easy to follow and I included pics on every tutorial. http://os17fan.cjb.net

Let me know if you get it working!
--------------------------------------

That Security Warning you get is just a reminder and nothing serious , You just follow the instructions on installing the PHP and configure it with Abyss, its not a error. Every time you install PHP , you will see that warning.
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will uninstall all and try again, if this not work i go and hang my self lol
archangel
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx man i'll give it a try... :)
aki
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm.........
now i got >>
-----------------
Välkommen till phpMyAdmin 2.5.4

phpMyAdmin försökte skapa en förbindelse till MySQL-servern, men servern nekade uppkopplingen. Kontrollera värd, användarnamn och lösenord i config.inc.php och förvissa dig om att de stämmer överens med informationen från administratören av MySQL-servern.

Fel

MySQL sa:

#2003 - Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
[Dokumentation]

-----------------------

come on, i cant beleave it
archangel
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have

Welcome to phpMyAdmin 2.5.4

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Error

MySQL said:

Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server. Consider upgrading MySQL client
[Documentation]

pls someone tell me what i am doing wrong... do i need to install something else so abyss can support the authentication protocol???
aki
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey man, i got same prob, thougt i came to install page, but can't install cause errors, must be the PhpmyAdmin thing

arggggggg
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen! All of you just go to my tutorials page and do everything my tutorials tell you and i gurantee you will be up in just minutes , these tutorials are no lies , already 3 people became successful reading my tutorials. Go here http://os17fan.cjb.net

Also use MySQL version 4.0.15

if it's not available at the official web site , I have a backup copy , use that version and follow my tutorial. If you need more help , e-mail me.
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i did, then the mysql light become red. but 1 thing is for sure, the other tutorial is not complete 100% correct, cause i did follow that one like 100times, still can't figure it out :roll:
who said computers is easy right heheh
metaGenes
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

hmm...there could be mani reasons...

do u all haf s/w firewalls like zonealarm?? if u do have, make sure tat connection rights have been given to the necessary mySQL programs. I tried this last time when i have a red light. now it's working.

os17fan's tutorials r really comprehensive, just tat there are some things to take note of. when u typed http://localhost/phpmyadmin, also include the port number where abyss web server is running if urs is a no. other than 80. it couldnt work for me initially. only when i changed it to: http://localhost:8080/phpmyadmin, then it works.

Regards
aki
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no fw or zonealarm.....
check the error mess ->

http://blueheaven.no-ip.com/dump.gif
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I will change that , with port 80 working for me its hard to remeber that other web servers require different ports , I will change that later today , thanks for the compliment.
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's really bad is that for the life of me, and yes, I've read your tutorials MANY times, which they have saved my butt on a couple of things...but no matter WHAT I have done, this is the error that has been constant for me. Maybe I do need to downgrade to the MySQL that you stated earlier.

#1250 - Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

Now, could you tell me exactly what that means? Apparently something sounds like it's misconfigured to me, but I can't place what. I know I've checked into a couple of other MySQL clients to hopefully abolish this tedious hinderance, but nothing seemed promising.
GameFalcon
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And one more quick note...The 'earliest' version of MySQL left on the site is 4.0.18

Just thought I'd letcha know if ya didn't. :)
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone noted that there was a "REDIRECT_STATUS" problem. Remember, in the CGI Perameters, set REDIRECT_STATUS to "200" in the Abyss console.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: