MySQL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snowboarder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 7:22 pm    Post subject: MySQL Reply with quote

I need a bit of help installing MySQL.... I currently have MySQL 4...
I cannot connect to the MySQL Database through my computer.
If you would like to help me (please) contact me by email: web.graphix@cox.net or by aim: CyBiKoNeO
Thanks so much!!! 8)
~Snowboarder~
Snowboarder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O... and im currently running on an XP.
bornestar
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm..

Download phpMyadmin

umm... I think you need to go into the mysql folder and open MySQL... I dont exactly know where and dont feel like installing it again :P
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Snowboarder
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention... I can start MySQL and all... but I am having trouble accessing it through the web... (i am trying to install PhpBB)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snowboarder wrote:
I forgot to mention... I can start MySQL and all... but I am having trouble accessing it through the web... (i am trying to install PhpBB)

You should carefully foolow the installation instruction provided by PhpBB to make everything work correctly. Basically you shoukd create a database with MySQL and then provide its name to PhpBB to set it up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im running windows 98 and had the same problem. I ended up having to use a access database instead. I know it worked internaly because I used a admin prog (MyCC quite cool) and made tables in it and ran scripts and it all worked fine but any pages that access mysql never worked. They always said that "can connect to database".
complexprocess
-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps you're just accessing the database incorrectly. make sure your phpbb configuration is set up properly with the domain (your computer name if you're just running it locally to get it set up) and the proper port as set in abyss (probably "80") if asked for the database hostname (i forget exactly how you set up your connection), "localhost" is probably what you should use. if you have these details wrong, phpbb will not find your database to set it up. also, as i side note, when you get it set up make sure you delete or move the 3 or so files that need to be removed. failing to do so will cause lots of frustration, i'm willing to bet.

.scott
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
logikal
-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I need a bit of help installing MySQL.... I currently have MySQL 4...
I cannot connect to the MySQL Database through my computer.

Yeah, I had the same exact problem installing phpBB a few days ago. What I did is just gave up on MySQL and found another forum, called YaBB, which runs with Perl and is a LOT easier to install. Just read Aprelium's post on how to install Perl, and you're all set... www.yabbforum.com by the way...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phpBB works nicely for me on win xp (and i dont know anything about php or mysql), i just used the phptriad installation for php and mysql.
bornestar
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok

It is working for me

Download phpmyadmin from http://www.phpmyadmin.net

You create a new database called phpBB and it should work

http://bornestar.sytes.net/phpBB2/

I am running windows xp pro on DSL connection
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: