virtual hosting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
james_12345678
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: virtual hosting Reply with quote

i am running abyss web server X1 at the moment and thinking of buying X2 but I have a few questions.

1. Can i host 2 completely different websites from the same machine using X2? for example, www.site1.com and www.site2.com which are completely different, and the files used to host each site are different.

2. How many connections can X2 handle? for example, if my site grew so big that it was taking 100's of connections a minute, will it be able to handle that? (assuming hardware and bandwidth was enough).

regards
james
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Slag
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to anshwer your question, yes.

I have x2 and running more than one site with no problems at all. As long as you have plenty of bandwidth and a decent machine running abyss, you wont have no problems wiht multiple connections. I do notice on my machine when more than 15 ppl connect, i get high cpu use, but I'm also running php sites with sql. So as long as you got a fast cpu, and plenty bandwidth you can have many connections.
abyssisthebest
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the previous poster said, Abyss can handle as many connections as your server will allow, taking into account, RAM, CPU Speed, and Internet Bandwidth.
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have hosted up to three completely different domains. Using Go_daddy for registering the domains and pointing at my static IP. Then abyss does its thing.
VoidMaster
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:57 am    Post subject: Just to be clear on this... Reply with quote

Two registered domain names (eg: x.com & xyz.net), each with its own A record pointing to the same public IP address; X2 will properly redirect traffic to which ever domain name the user types into his address bar?
Moxxnixx
-

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Just to be clear on this... Reply with quote

VoidMaster wrote:
Two registered domain names (eg: x.com & xyz.net), each with its own A record pointing to the same public IP address; X2 will properly redirect traffic to which ever domain name the user types into his address bar?

That is correct.
As long as you have your hosts setup correctly in the Abyss console. More info...
http://www.aprelium.com/data/doc/2/abyssws-win-doc-html/hosts-configuration.html

BTW, welcome to the forums. ;)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
VoidMaster
-

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. That's great. And it just sold another copy of X2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: