Website Stuff ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
noman_quraishi
-

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Website Stuff ?? Reply with quote

Hey i wanna ask 2 questions

i made a site at 800 x 600 resolution but when at my friends home i view it on 1024 x 768 .. It was lookin awful .. since not every one`s PC contain same grafix resolution .. And when i view different sites such as hotmail , yahoo at both resolution ..

i found out that those sites auto arranges themselves . so how can my website auto arrange to the pixel`s resolution of the viewer ?

Q.2 i wanna work on frames now every thing is set .. I want reduce or enlarge the size of the main file where embed frames? how i able to do that ? since in dreamweaver i can reduce or enlarge size of frameset not the file i am working in .. PLease guide me ...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
rrinc
-

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can define frames and stuff to have dimensions in percentages.

Another option is having things float using CSS and when there are any issues they will move under the object to their side to avoid width issues. If you look at my website and reduce the size of the browser window enough then the navigation will move under the main content area.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
noman_quraishi
-

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrinc wrote:

Another option is having things float using CSS and when there are any issues they will move under the object to their side to avoid width issues. If you look at my website and reduce the size of the browser window enough then the navigation will move under the main content area.

I dint get ? can you be lil understandable ? means what is CSS float?

rrinc wrote:

how ? is dream weaver there is no option like that? it has option to reduce size of mainframe , topframe , but not the main file in which i am embedding all l frames ..
Back to top View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Toasty
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can base all your alignment off of percentages instead of absolute values. This will make the browser (auto-adjust).
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learn to use CSS properly. It helps fixing your problems with different screen resolution.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
markspenser
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: i am agree with rrinc Reply with quote

you can follow him
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Web Design All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: