Abyss Web Server version 2.9 introduces log rotation and IDN (International Domain Names) support
June 19, 2013
Aprelium is pleased to announce the release of new updates for both editions of Abyss Web Server for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux:
- Abyss Web Server X1 version 2.9: Free personal edition. It isn't a trial version or a demo. It is a fully usable personal web server with no limitations, no nag screens, no spyware, and no advertisements.
- Abyss Web Server X2 version 2.9: Professional edition priced at US $59.95. It is a professional web server which comes with 1 year of free upgrades and 1 year of priority technical support.
The new releases add the following features:
- Added IDN (International Domain Names) support to declare domain names with diacritics or non-latin scripts such as bücher.de
- Added log rotation based on size or time (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly)
- Added support for automatic generation of the Expire HTTP header based on current time or the file last modification time
- Added support for the special CGI header X-Sendfile to accelerate file service from scripts or Web applications
- Added ability to recycle FastCGI processes when a given file changes
- Added an default internal MIME types table with 400 common MIME types already declared.
- Added support for restricted downloads/token-based downloads: special URLs which offer downloads which cannot be hotlinked and which are time limited and possibly IP limited. Such URLs are to be generated by very simple scripts.
- Improved reverse-proxy compatibility with several back-end servers (especially application servers such as Alpha Five and RealBasic generated Web applications)
- Improved support for ASP.NET (added support for IsClientConnected() and reduced the number of required worker processes in some cases.)
- Updated SSL/TLS engine
- Updated documentation
The new releases also include several internal enhancements and fix the problems that have been reported with previous versions.
For Abyss Web Server X1 Users
Visit Downloads to get the new version of Abyss Web Server. Installation and upgrading instructions are provided on the download page.
For Abyss Web Server X2 Users
Open Abyss Web Server's console, select Help & Support, and click on Check for Updates.