Abyss Web Server version 2.8 adds IPv6 and reverse-proxy support
May 31, 2012
Aprelium is glad to announce the release of new updates for both editions of Abyss Web Server for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux:
- Abyss Web Server X1 version 2.8: Free personal edition. It isn't a trial version or a demo. It is a fully usable personal web server with no limitations, no nag screens, no spyware, and no advertisements.
- Abyss Web Server X2 version 2.8: Professional edition priced at US $59.95. It is a professional web server which comes with 1 year of free upgrades and 1 year of priority technical support.
The new releases add the following features:
- IPv6 support
- Reverse-proxy support
- Back-end operation: support for operation behind reverse proxies (X-Host/X-Forwarded-Host support - Host-wide : support for the use of the actual IP X-Forwarded-For - X-Forwarded-Proto)
- Configurable log
- Limit accesses per IP
- Server Activity: "Live" requests view in the console
- Added private keys dump in the console
- Detection of double instances and the presence of the Windows Service
- Added an optional base parameter to URL Rewriting rules
- Added timestamps to CGI error logs
- Support for chunked POSTs with HTTP trailer headers support
- Added full HTTP "Expect" header support
- Added request body restrictions : Added a parameter to limit the size of a request line, Added a parameter to limit the size of request headers length, Report error 414 or 400 for request length overflow
- Added ASP.NET/FastCGI processes recycling based on the process lifetime
- Full preload of ASP.NET applications (using an internal HTTP HEAD request)
- Added the capability to ASP.NET applications to handle all the virtual paths inside an application directory (useful for ASP.NET applications using MVC/AJAX/routes.)
- Updated SSL/TLS engine
- Updated documentation
The new releases also include several internal enhancements and fix the problems that have been reported with previous versions.
For Abyss Web Server X1 Users
Visit Downloads to get the new version of Abyss Web Server. Installation and upgrading instructions are provided on the download page.
For Abyss Web Server X2 Users
Open Abyss Web Server's console, select Help & Support, and click on Check for Updates.