Abyss Web Server version 2.7 available in 32-bit and 64-bit editions
May 17, 2011
After the long wait, Aprelium is proud to announce the release of new updates for both editions of Abyss Web Server for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux:
- Abyss Web Server X1 version 2.7: Free personal edition. It isn't a trial version or a demo. It is a fully usable personal web server with no limitations, no nag screens, no spyware, and no advertisements.
- Abyss Web Server X2 version 2.7: Professional edition priced at US $59.95. It is a professional web server which comes with 1 year of free upgrades and 1 year of priority technical support.
The new releases add the following features:
- Native support for 64-bit platforms on Windows and Linux;
- Accurate control over the FastCGI processes creation rate and use through a new set of parameters. These will help control the load of heavy Web sites and limit the processing resources for a particular Web application;
- Updated ASP.NET connector for the Windows version with support for legacy ASP.NET 1.1 applications as well as 32-bit and 64-bit editions of ASP.NET 2.0, 3.5, and 4.0;
- Support for AJAX and RIA/Silverlight ASP.NET frameworks;
- Ability to preload FastCGI interpreters or applications as well as the ASP.NET framework for faster first request processing;
- Updated SSL/TLS engine;
- Updated documentation.
The new releases also include several internal enhancements and fix the problems that have been reported with previous versions.
For Abyss Web Server X1 Users
Visit Downloads to get the new version of Abyss Web Server. Installation and upgrading instructions are provided on the download page.
For Abyss Web Server X2 Users
Open Abyss Web Server's console, select Help & Support, and click on Check for Updates.