Abyss Web Server version 2.0 is out!
March 10, 2005
Aprelium Technologies is pleased to announce the availability of the second major release of Abyss Web Server.
This version adds many new features and is available in two editions:
- Abyss Web Server X1: Free personal edition. It isn't a trial version or a demo. It is a fully usable personal web server with no limitations, no nag screens, no spyware, and no advertisements.
- Abyss Web Server X2: Professional edition priced at US $59.95. It is a professional web server which comes with 1 year of free upgrades and 1 year of priority technical support.
The major new features in this version are:
- Virtual hosting (support for many hosts on a single computer)
- ISAPI extensions support
- Custom directory listings
- Multilingual remote web configuration interface (console)
- Unicode support
- Automatic anti-hacking system
- Anti-leeching system to control cross-site linking
- Server-wide bandwidth control
- Per file and per directory bandwidth control
- Windows System Service, MacOS X Startup Item, and Linux/FreeBSD daemon support (Automatic startup when the computer boots up)
More information about the new version is available in Abyss Web Server Home page.
Visit Downloads to get the new version of Abyss Web Server. Installation and upgrading instructions are provided on the download page.
Aprelium Technologies thanks all the users' community of Abyss Web Server and all the devoted Beta testers of the new version for their feedback, support, contributions, and suggestions.
Our special thanks go to (alphabetical order):
- Allen Lee (Taiwan)
- Björn Verbruggen (Belgium)
- E. Zann (USA)
- Glen Brown (Florida, USA)
- Gustavo Dùran (Spain)
- Jason Nagle (USA)
- Axis John E. Davey (Wisconsin, USA)
- TrustPunk Joshua Hesseman - trustabyss.com (Georgia, USA)
- Kai Wulfert (Germany)
- Fallout_PL Marcin Bancerz (Poland)
- Olly86 (UK)
- Paul Marlin (USA)
- Rainer Heise (Germany)
- Rafał Ryba - SYSTEMsoft Group (Poland)
- Tim Post - NetKinetics (Maryland, USA)
- Wasilis Mandratzis (Greece)