Abyss Web Server 1.1 Release Candidate 1 is out
October 15, 2002
Aprelium Technologies is making public a Release Candidate of the upcoming Abyss Web Server 1.1. This release is likely to hardly differ from the final version and should be considered as an ultimate public test before the official launch.
Besides some minor bug fixes, improvements from Beta 3 include the following features:
- An enhanced CGI execution layer;
- CGI variable SCRIPT_FILENAME contains now only backslashes in the Windows version;
- CGI variables PATH_TRANSLATED and PATH_INFO are now escaped;
- Stabilized free registration system.
- Abyss Web Server 1.1 RC 1 for Windows (134 Kb)
- Abyss Web Server 1.1 RC 1 for Linux (108 Kb) (To install it, use the command tar xzfm abws11r1.tgz)
Full book in A4 format. Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader for on screen reading or high quality printing.
- Abyss Web Server 1.1 for Windows User's Guide (PDF, 613 KB)
- Abyss Web Server 1.1 for Linux User's Guide (PDF, 613 KB)
Upgrading the Windows version:
To upgrade from the previous version, download Abyss Web Server 1.1 RC 1 for Windows and run the installer. It will detect the presence of an older version and will ask you to uninstall it. Once the old version removed, the installer will setup the new one.
CAUTION: Be careful and read all the on-screen dialog boxes. In fact, the uninstaller will ask you if you want to remove Abyss Web Server's setup directory. You must answer NO to keep your web site and your configuration file.
Upgrading the Linux version:
Download Abyss Web Server 1.1 RC 1 for Linux, go to the directory where Abyss Web Server is installed and execute the following commands (which purpose is replacing the old application files with newer ones):
mv htdocs/index.html htdocs/index.html.bak
tar xfzm abws11r1.tgz
mv htdocs/index.html.bak htdocs/index.html
If errors are reported when executing the first and the last command, ignore them. Obviously, they occurred because you have no index.html file in the htdocs directory.
Your comments and reports are still highly appreciated.
All your feedback about this release should be directed to the 1.1 Beta section in our Forum and/or to