Active HTML

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keith-f
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Active HTML Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me if If there is any difference between the workstation version and the server versions of this product. (yes... the price...)

I know its a bit of a pain shelling out hard earned cash for something like this, but I need this up and running.

The link to the free version is down and doesn't work, so I'm in a bit of a spot, and I keep getting caught out with the 45 day trial time out.

I can afford the the workstation licence, but the $120 server licence is out of the question, and I don't want to shell out $48 on something that's not going to work.

What I want to know is, will the workstation licence run okay on Server2003.
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the featureset that differs, have a look at http://www.selisoft.com/en/ahtml/versions.phtml

The evaluation version basically has all the functionality of the server version, but the registered workstation version has much less. You'd have to check if any of the features you need are not in the workstation version, using the chart linked to above.

I hate to say it but if you need ASP, I'd be tempted to run IIS rather than fork out $50 for someone else's attempt at making ASP work...

"Invent an idiot proof webserver and they'll invent a better idiot..."
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Classic ASP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: