Console Connection Problems.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PCV
-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject: Console Connection Problems. Reply with quote

I'm having problems connecting to both my Console and localhost @ http://127.0.0.1:9999 . For the past couple of hours, i've searched these forums and still cannot find an answer to my problem.

My http webserver runs fine as people from inside and outside my network can access it. http://65.50.57.87/ .

Currently my IE is not running within any proxy's and microsoft firewall is not activated. The only firewall i have running is Kerio, but i dont think thats the problem. (i've tried to access the console with it off uc)

I'm on a home network connected to a dlink router. But Its not the router because i directly connected my computer to the cable modem with still no connection to the console.

Both TCP/IP and Aybss have been installed correctly. Aybss displays no errors.

I'm currently running windows XP PRO.

Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

I think i've covered everything... any help would be great!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
PCV
-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

n/m... it must be a problem with IE. i downloaded netscape and it worked fine.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Console Connection Problems. Reply with quote

What were the problems with the console access on IE?
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check Kerio firewall if it still have a reference to block your localhost by IE. Or totally uninstall Kerio and try IE again. Remember to check double check any trace of Kerio like it references, folder and it registery after you uninstall Kerio.

Since you can ping from another LAN PC to Abyss, then itself [Abyss PC] is blocking certain IP or PORT by some kind of Util [I assumed Kerio is the cause].
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Check Kerio firewall if it still have a reference to block your localhost by IE. Or totally uninstall Kerio and try IE again. Remember to check double check any trace of Kerio like it references, folder and it registery after you uninstall Kerio.

Since you can ping from another LAN PC to Abyss, then itself [Abyss PC] is blocking certain IP or PORT by some kind of Util [I assumed Kerio is the cause].

Firewalls are only designed for external calls to the machine not internal calls. The firewall will not block connecting to a service that is offered on the same machine as itself.
The only thing I can tell you is to double check to see that your port is set to 9999. I have had problems similiar to this when running abyss on windows 98, but it would respond to port 9998 when it was set to 9999.
I believe it might have been an overlooked bug with the incrementing of the set port numbers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: