Variable Errors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skankinchan
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:02 am    Post subject: Variable Errors Reply with quote

With almost every script I try to use I get the following error message.

Notice: Undefined variable: action in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\integral\articles\admin.php on line 57

Of course with each script it says different lines and the path obviously points to the file in question. I usually get a few lines of those errors, some with different lines in the code. For the script that this error is in reference to there are a total of 12 error messages.
I am pretty sure its not just this particular script because I get the same error message with many different scripts.
But some scripts work fine. For example newsPHP (a news script) and sympoll (a poll script) work just as they're supposed to.
I have tried reinstalling PHP, mySQL and Abyss Web Server many times but nothing I have done has solved it.

I am running PHP version 4.3.0 and whatever the latest version of mySQL is.

Ugh, sometimes being a newbie is a bit discouraging. :?

Thanks for any help,
Chandler
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
peeyo
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goto php.ini (Almost in c:\windows)
Find the line error_reporting = ~E_ALL

Use error_reporting = ~E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_WARNING
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
skankinchan
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But that doesn't fix the problem, it just hides it. The scripts still don't work.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Variable Errors Reply with quote

Search for "Undefined variable" on the PHP forum for more information about how to solve that issue.
skankinchan
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Variable Errors Reply with quote

aprelium wrote:
Search for "Undefined variable" on the PHP forum for more information about how to solve that issue.

I did that and I found that most reccomend setting register_globals fom off to on which I did but it still didn't fix it. I'm almost going to consider this a lost cause, its way past my knowledge. :?

I appreciate your help though aprelium. :)

sratch that, it works but the errors are still there. I think I will just do what peeyo reccomended and hide the errors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: