Re: 2.4 + FastCGI

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJWesley
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: 2.4 + FastCGI Reply with quote

RTAdams89
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:21 am Post subject: PHP is causing Abyss to freeze (I think)
Windows XP home
http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=62207#62207
---
PaulK
Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:14 pm Post subject: Server outage keeps occuring - lots of php-cgi processes ?
http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9970
---
littlebigfred
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:18 pm Post subject: [2.4 + FastCGI] Reading 0 bytes failed
http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11262
---

littlebigfred wrote:
25/Jan/2007:15:15:49 +0100 SUID: 0 PUID: 0 RUID: 0 URI: Reading 0 bytes failed = The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
25/Jan/2007:15:15:49 +0100 SUID: 0 PUID: 0 RUID: 0 URI: timeout-header2!

TRUSTAbyss wrote:
If you use ISAPI there is. FastCGI only loads processes when it needs to. It will timeout eventually untill a new request.

aprelium wrote:
You want gain too much when loading PHP in the web server (as with the ISAPI interface). For PHP, FastCGI proved to be equivalent in speed with ISAPI while being more robust and scalable.

I manually upgraded php to the current version 5.2.5 and I encountered the same problems listed above. I simply made these changes:
CGI/ISAPI - D:\php\php-cgi.exe and I altered the php.ini to recognize and secure php as CGI. Server API still runs CGI/FastCGI like lightning but without the errors and reboot. I don't know if this is still relevant, but I thought it worth mentioning. (Delete this post if this is no longer an issue.)

Worked with Abyss X2 2.4, Windows XP Pro.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 2.4 + FastCGI Reply with quote

AJWesley wrote:
I manually upgraded php to the current version 5.2.5 and I encountered the same problems listed above.

What are the problems you are encountring?

Freezing should no more happen (it's was an old bug with the very first FastCGI enabled version 2.3).

The error message "25/Jan/2007:15:15:49 +0100 SUID: 0 PUID: 0 RUID: 0 URI: timeout-header2!" is not a problem or bug. It's Abyss Web Server reporting an issue with its dialog with PHP (but it's not a real problem. Abyss Web Server is just being pedantic about FastCGI specification conformance. Just turn error logging off to no more get that message.)

"lots of php-cgi processes" is normal as the server is creating PHP processes on demand to accomodate the current load on your sites.
AJWesley
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: 2.4 + FastCGI Reply with quote

aprelium wrote:
AJWesley wrote:
I manually upgraded php to the current version 5.2.5 and I encountered the same problems listed above.

What are the problems you are encountring?

Freezing should no more happen (it's was an old bug with the very first FastCGI enabled version 2.3).

The error message "25/Jan/2007:15:15:49 +0100 SUID: 0 PUID: 0 RUID: 0 URI: timeout-header2!" is not a problem or bug. It's Abyss Web Server reporting an issue with its dialog with PHP (but it's not a real problem. Abyss Web Server is just being pedantic about FastCGI specification conformance. Just turn error logging off to no more get that message.)

"lots of php-cgi processes" is normal as the server is creating PHP processes on demand to accomodate the current load on your sites.

I think you misunderstood (or perhaps I didn't explain myself properly)... There is no problem now. Accessing the upgrade of php on a virtual host hung my operating system. I changed my configuration and now everything works like a charm. Thanks =)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> FastCGI/CGI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: