Mail Server / Free remailer service

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toasty
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Mail Server / Free remailer service Reply with quote

Hello

I'm trying to make it so I can e-mail out from my server, however I'm hosting my site(s) with Abyss on a residential, dynamic IP. I've had GMail and Hotmail, among other providers, bounce my mail back stating that it doesn't accept traffic from that sort of IP, and I've also tried sending items to other e-mails, such as corporate ones with Outlook. I don't intend to spam with this or anything else, just looking for a way to send out periodic updates and verification e-mails.

With this in mind, does anybody know a free remailer service that I can send an e-mail to, or use webservices with (with PHP) that will then resend it from an acceptable IP? I've used the GMail mailing script that allows you to send e-mail, but that still gets caught by spam filters on occasion because it doesn't originate from GMail's MX server.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Bob
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob--

Are you using HMail by any chance? If so, one of the things I have done is to use (In the SMTP/Delivery of Email setting my computer name in the "Host Name" and my ISP's sendmail server in the SMTP Relayer.

Since my ISP knows about this (that I run a server and mail server) and I have the go-ahead I don't have trouble with it much.

I know yahoo does it's "greylisting" which requires a sent mail to be sent again if the mail address doesn't originate from the same domain as the smtp sender I have the number of retries set to 6 with a 240 min. interval.

I haven't had much trouble using hmail this way, but I don't know the status of your ISP about such things.

Anyway, thought it might *possibly* help so I post this just in case it helps your situation.

Regards,
Axis
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Toasty
-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Axis.

I was at one point using hMailServer...

I'll have to talk to my ISP and see what they're willing to do (hopefully something).

Thanks for your very speedy, and through response.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: