.PHP and .CGI Scripts showing the Code

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mcloum

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 12:59 pm    Post subject: .PHP and .CGI Scripts showing the Code Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

What a fantastic server. better than Apache and IIS! theres just one thing i cant do and thats run php and cgi scripts. I followed the intructions from the site but all that happens when i run the script is i see the source code?

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Mike :roll:
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: .PHP and .CGI Scripts showing the Code Reply with quote

Mcloum wrote:
Hi Guys,

What a fantastic server. better than Apache and IIS! theres just one thing i cant do and thats run php and cgi scripts. I followed the intructions from the site but all that happens when i run the script is i see the source code?

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Mike :roll:

Check if you have added the path / to the CGI Paths. Check also the CGI interpreters table.
If you follow the instructions at http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/php.html , PHP scripts should run without a problem (thousands of Abyss Web Server did the same and they enjoy using their PHP scripts daily).
mcloum

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i have checked everything even re-installed the server and perl and php. all i get is the code for the cgi/php files.
trinit

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcloum wrote:
yes i have checked everything even re-installed the server and perl and php. all i get is the code for the cgi/php files.

I got same problem today when I install the server and try to run PHP-files. I followed the instructions also. Try this, it helped me (I don't know why?):

Go "Server Configuration > Advanced > Server Parameters" and remove index.php line from "Index Files"

PS. sorry about my english... ;)

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i will try that, im just re-installing again.
mcloum

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:cry: No still not working, i have tried re-installing reseeting up and nothing works, sometimes i get the source code and sometimes ig et page cannot be displayed?

Any more ideas? do i have to edit any Ini files relating tot he perl program?
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcloum wrote:
:cry: No still not working, i have tried re-installing reseeting up and nothing works, sometimes i get the source code and sometimes ig et page cannot be displayed?

Any more ideas? do i have to edit any Ini files relating tot he perl program?

Did you mapped all the extensions with their correct interpreters (cgi and pl extensions with Perl and php with PHP ?).
The server can't guess that .cgi files are Perl files if you don't tell him that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes all mapped with the correct extensions and interpreters.
Adrian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get either the code, or if I fiddle a little more with it adding the cgi extension ti the perl.exe I get 500 Server Error. :(
Bitterboy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 11:16 pm    Post subject: CGI scripts showing code Reply with quote

yes, i'm having the same problems, running CGI scripts all i can see is the code, i've been trying for hours, it's really getting annoying, lol, so any help you may have would be much appriciated
Bitterboy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 11:30 pm    Post subject: I broke it better Reply with quote

please disregard my last post, i kinda dicked around with random settings and got it working, BTW, this is an awesome program, easily the best webserver prgram i've used, nice work :D
Adrian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOW? 8)
amt167
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 4:43 pm    Post subject: PHP AND CGI SHOWING CODE Reply with quote

I dont know much about php or cgi but i recently found out that if a bit of code is out of place i.e comma missing or whatever it can mess the whole thing up also when i first started using abyss in my paths at top of scripts i was putting \ for example program files\perl i changed it to / ie program files/perl and it works fine now.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Adrian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this new build seems to have fixed the bug.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: