Hey all Plz help me

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lk
-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 10:33 pm    Post subject: Hey all Plz help me Reply with quote

Good day or Evening
Hey all
I am a new user.
I have the board setup but there is like lots of errors and can't get it to install but the php extensions work. This is how it is on the index page, same page there is install url board and then admin creator, its all on one page. I tried everything. I can't get even phpmyadmin to run. The steps supposed to be on another page 1,2,3 8
Best regards Lukasz Tarkowski 8O
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: Hey all Plz help me Reply with quote

lukasztarkowski wrote:
Good day or Evening
Hey all
I am a new user.
I have the board setup but there is like lots of errors and can't get it to install but the php extensions work. This is how it is on the index page, same page there is install url board and then admin creator, its all on one page. I tried everything. I can't get even phpmyadmin to run. The steps supposed to be on another page 1,2,3 8
Best regards Lukasz Tarkowski 8O

We cannot help you if you give us such a vague description of your problems. What borad are you using (we can't guess its name), from where did you get it? Are you sure you followed all the installation steps of that board script?
lk
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 2:14 pm    Post subject: Hey aprilium Reply with quote

Hey
How are you
Could you plz help me setup the php ini file for abyss. Im trying to install the YaBBSE messageBoard which uses the safe mode. And also I need help setting up the mysql. I have added my own username for mysql and the password. I think I have set the mysql up. When I try to run PHPMYAdmin the download opens not the page.
Best Regards Lukasz Tarkowski 8O
lk
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 7:28 pm    Post subject: Hey Reply with quote

Good Day or Evening
Hey all
When I try to open an php page like an invision board or an pear installer I get is blank page no images just blank with text. What in a world am I doing here wrong. I have been trying to figure out all day now,well most of the day. 8O
lk
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 8:32 pm    Post subject: Hey all Reply with quote

Good Day or Evening
IM a total newbie to setting up php. I had downloaded pre-compiled Apache but it was starting on startup so I downloaded abyss. I have no clue how to set it up the php. Maybe someone could send me the php.ini setup already. PLz help me setup mysql to My Folder is D:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\php\php-4.2.3-Win32\
The folder for htdocs is D:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\
thnx Best Regards Lukasz Tarkowski
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Hey all Reply with quote

lukasztarkowski wrote:
Good Day or Evening
IM a total newbie to setting up php. I had downloaded pre-compiled Apache but it was starting on startup so I downloaded abyss. I have no clue how to set it up the php. Maybe someone could send me the php.ini setup already. PLz help me setup mysql to My Folder is D:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\php\php-4.2.3-Win32\
The folder for htdocs is D:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\
thnx Best Regards Lukasz Tarkowski

Hello,

You cannot do all in the same time. First of all install PHP. Follow our guidelines at http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/php.html and try a small script before moving to a bigger and more complicated one. You can test that
Code:

<?php
      phpinfo();
?>

works before moving to the next step.
Now you should install MySQL. This is independant from Abyss Web Server and PHP. You should read carefully the documentation provided on http://www.mysql.com (take your time to do it, this isn't a 2 clicks operation.)
Now, install your PHP script (YaBBSE in your case) following what you find in its setup instructions.
If you still have problems, do not hesitate to ask for help. (Do not forget to be precise, "It doesn't work" won't help us help you :D )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: