Abyss + DynSite + ZoneAlarm Pro

View previous topic :: View next topic  
graydeth
-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Abyss + DynSite + ZoneAlarm Pro Reply with quote

How do you make these work together??? I have Abyss working, but I can't figure out how to get Zone Alarm to let DynSite out to update my DDNS.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you set custom rules? "Allow [zonealarm.exe]"
-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to...what ports does it need?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... I think it probably uses 80, but it also may use a different one. Look in the DynSite properties, and it may tell you.
-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure ALERTS are turned on in ZONE ALARM, then manually start DYNDNS service. When the alert pops up asking to allow that program through, click on YES, and check the box to remember that answer.

If you need specific ports/protocols allowed thru, go to ZONE ALARM and choose PROGRAMS, choose DYNDNS, then I think you either click ADVANCED to configure access rights for that program, or you right-click. I'm not looking at it now, so I don't remember exactly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: